In order to run the sessions as efficiently as possible, we have provided two opportunities for presenters to submit their presentations in advance:
- You can submit files by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- You can bring electronic files to the Conference Information Desk, 1st Floor Atrium, Bruneau Centre where someone will transfer them onto our system.
A dedicated poster session has been scheduled for Sunday, June 10, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to provide participants with an opportunity to visit the displays. Presenters are expected to be at their displays at all times during the poster session to respond to questions. All poster exhibitors will be responsible for setting up their own posters before 2:00 pm and taking them down after the poster reception ends at 7:00 pm or by 6:00 pm on Monday, June 11th, at the latest. The Bruneau Centre will be open at 7:00 am on Sunday morning for set-up.
- Participants are responsible for all materials including thumb tacks and push pins for displaying posters. Conference staff and resources are not available to assist with printing.
- Posters board are 4 ft tall and 7 ft wide so we recommend that your poster not exceed 3.5 ft high and 5 ft wide.
- All poster text and graphics should be easily viewed from 1-1.5 m away.
- Should you wish to mail your poster early, please email email@example.com.
Registration is open daily in the 1st Floor Atrium, Bruneau Centre.
- Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Monday, June 11, 2018 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
The @Memorial-Guest network provides daily access to an open Wi Fi network for guests and visitors. To access this service, guests and visitors should:
- Select @Memorial-Guest in their wireless settings
The Conference Information Desk is located on the 1st Floor Atrium of the Bruneau Centre. Please see our staff for any queries you may have regarding the conference and the city. The staff can assist you with making reservations for dining an d leisure activities. Telephone for the Conference Information Desk: (709) 325-0180.
Admission to all conference activities is by name badge (received at registration); be sure to wear your badge at all times.
There is a message board located at the Conference Information Desk.
All public buildings in Newfoundland and Labrador are designate d non-smoking. Smoking is also prohibited on the grounds of Memorial University.
For maps of the Memorial University campus and breakout session rooms, see page 10 of the conference program. For more detailed maps, go to the Memorial University Campus map page.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Campus Security: (709) 864-8561
24-hour Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-737-4668
Emergency (Police/Fire/Ambulance): 911
Conference Coordinator: (709) 730-1307
University Counselling Centre: (709) 864-8874
Emergency on Campus: (709) 864-4100
Conference Information Desk: (709) 325-0180